Atlas copco Air motors are compact and lightweight. An air motor weighs only a quarter as much and occupies only one sixth of the space of an electric motor of equivalent output power. Air motors develop far more power relative to size and weight than most other motor types.
- Air motors can be stalled indefinitely without overheating or sustaining any other damage.
- They can be started and stopped repeatedly to an unlimited extent.
- Torque, speed and direction of rotation can be changed easily using simple control methods.
- Output inherently adjusts to match the applied load.
- Controllable over a wide speed range.
- Virtually unaffected by hostile environment.
- Smooth start-up to minimize ”shock” loading on transmission components.
Atlas Copco air motors – the natural choice for design engineers in the industries of today and tomorrow.